Samstag, 22. November 2008

recap november 17th to 21st

wow, what an exciting week. I went through ups and downs during the last week.
I had days, where i traded concentrated focusing on TRADE THE RULES and had 2 special days that where someting to point out here.

On thursday i had my worst day since i´ve started trading my motto TRADE THE RULES.
Not regarding the result of that day, no, much more regarding how bad i was trading my motto.
After 60 minutes trading on thursday, i was confrontated to a absolute new situation.
I made about 25R in this short period of time and probably thought, that i could keep up this pace and reaching my first mile stone on that day. But the greed to make everything possible on one day, led me into a verry destructive mental attitude. Dont get me wrong, my attitude was verry good before the problems began, but the more mistakes i made, the more i lost control.

What happened ? One of my most important rules is to stop trading after losing 3R from the highest point of the day to prevent me to fall into a destructive mental attitude. I was unable to control myself after losing 3R from the top and the negativity began. I fell back into a old known problem, that i tend to overtrade the more i give back. I also didnt follow my other money protection rules that i´ve set. So i traded after the first 2.5 hours of trading, i traded setups who wherent valid and i could count them more and more. What a bad experience this was ! Man !!! I allways said to myself, this will be the last trade, but it would have to work and it didnt. After beeing down to less then the half profit that i had 60 minutes after market open i managed it, after some other trades and the profitable trade i was looking for, to stop trading for the day.

I´m proud of me, that i magaged it to keep about 15R in my account and i´m reconfirmed in my intention to TRADE THE RULES then it makes absolute sence to use them for what they are for !!! Rules prevent myself for making decitions without a good reason, without the possibility to proof the success of what i do. Clear defined rules make it easy to see in every chart if it worked or not. Rules make it possible to draw every line you have to, they make it possible, that you can prepare yourself entering the trade. RULES HAVE A REASON, so I TRADE THE RULES.

On friday i´ve got an additional confirmation for my motto. I made 6 trades only, had 4 small losers and 2 good winners. Maybe not everything was 100% perfect, but the first time i was able to patiently wait until the investment paid out itself before taking the profits. Yesss, it was a verry good feeling. And thats an another why, for following my motto also in the future: TRADE THE RULES !!!

I´m comming closer and closer to my first milestone. I´m so unbeliveable close...

Have a nice weekend and remember, TRADE THE RULES !

Keine Kommentare: